Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Enfamil Gentlease Lipil Formula




Am feeding Enfamil Gentlease Lipil formula and my baby's skin is way greasy? Does anyone else have this problem? She seems to have really oily skin especially at night. She was previously on Similac Advanced till my food subsidary program went with the Enfamil. She likes eating it but I have noticed a filmy residue on the bottle after she drinks. Its greasy and nasty and now her skin gets oily and shes gotten some blemishes on her nose. Is this from the formula or is it something else?
will of course talk to the Ped but just wanted to here some testimonials on this formula


Aja H replied: "That's a good question to ask the ped. If you see a film on the bottle, it's possible what you are seeing on baby is something from the formula. I've never heard of a greasy baby, but that doesn't sound good. About the blemishes, if it's baby acne, just leave it alone, it will go away on its own."


weezy07 replied: "I am not sure but I dont think it is from the formula because that is what my daughter is on and this is not happening to her and my friends kids also are on the gentlease and they are fine also. I would take her to the doctor and see what they say because it could be from something else"


ladybug replied: "Did you just recently make the switch? If so, I would think that her body is just adjusting to the new formula.
We started our daughter on the Enfamil and it just seemed to upset her tummy... we have since been using the Similac and she is doing great. I would think its just from making the switch and her little body just needs time to adjust.

Good luck."


Shaynell R replied: "I'm using the sasme formula and haven't noticed any such thing. My baby seems to enjoy the formula just fine and I haven't had any problems with it at all. However, when it waas offered to me, I was told that it's not right for all baby's. I would definately speak with your pediatrician and Enfamil does offer other types of formula, consider switching to one of those."





Is Enfamil Gentlease Lipil formula available in Australia? I am about to head out there for 2 weeks and I was wondering if I should pack it or if I can buy it.

proud mamma replied: "I'd pack it. Even if it is available, there nutrition standards may not be the same as the US. So it may not be packaged the same."


newmommyy322 replied: "probably, but if not, it's okay to switch formulas.. they all basically have the same stuff, they have to be approved by the FDA.. some just have tweaks to them. But i use it also, and im pissed they don't have it in ready to feed!!! But i would pack in just in case, i'm not sure how much of it you can pack tho, the airline people are so anal about what you bring on the plane... but good luck"


Patty R replied: "I use this formula to. You can always call that number on the back of the can and ask them. They are exetremely helpful. I thinkacking a few cans would be wise though."





i just changed my babies formula from enfamil lipil to enfamil gentlease? and before his poop was yellow and now with the new formula its green is this normal?

newmomma replied: "It's normal when you're switching formulas. I've had to switch several times. It is normal as long as it's not red or any other strange color. It could be a permanent change. If you're worried, call your pedi."





Generic formula for Enfamil Gentlease Lipil? My daughter has been drinking Enfamil Gentlease and I found out today that the WIC here does not offer that formula. So we will have to buy it out of pocket. Does anyone know if there is a less expensive brand that might work for her. She has a sensitive belly. Thanks

mandistar102 replied: "My friends daughter was on WIC and she had to have a special kind of formula because of allergies and she was sensitive to regular formula too and she got special permission somehow to get it on WIC, so I'd talk to your WIC person about it. I think though that the Walmart Parents Choice brand has a gentle formula now too and it's about $10 cheaper I think. Just a suggestion."


heather h replied: "If your daughter has a sensitive stomach then have your doctor write a letter for WIC ( they have a form alreayd made for this, Ive used it ) requesting that type of formula because your child has a sensitive stomach, then you will get it for free from WIC. I had to do that for 2 months my daughter was on similac advanced ( 25 $$$ per can )"


tinaluvsglass replied: "well,where we live in texas,there is a generic substitute made by HEB.go to your grocer and request it(a less expensive substitue)"


katheek77 replied: "http://www.brightbeginnings.com/products/gentle-baby-formula.asp

You can check on their site for a place near you where you can buy it.
They don't sell it on their online store...sorry. But I know Eckerd Drugs carries it.

It's about 25 dollars for a 25oz can...is that good?"





Can I switch from enfamil gentlease to enfamil lactofree lipil? shes currently on enfamil gentlease. my baby after every feeding she gets many many gasses and cries a lot. she burps many times too and i give her the Mylicon drops to help but its useless. can she be lactose intolerant. should i try enfamil lactofree lipil formula.

mushmarllows replied: "She may be allergic, lactose intolerance can cause gas. I would talk to your doctor about a switch and see which one he thinks is best!"





Does Similac make a similar formula to Enfamil Gentlease? My 7 week old daughter has been on the Enfamil Gentlease formula & doing fine. She spits up though. Previously, we tried Enfamil Lipil & Enfamil AR but those didn't agree with her. With those two formulas, there would be days where she'd be fine, then there were days where she'd throw up everything she ate. I don't believe she's lactose intolerant because like I said, there were time where she was fine. I would think that there would be immediate & constant signs of outbreak or other problems. However, I was told Enfamil Gentlease would be good on her stomach...& it has been. WIC just switched to Similac so now I'm confused as to which formula would be suitable for my baby. They offer Similac Advance (which is what I was issued) & Similac Sensitive. Which is more compatible with the Enfamil Gentlease?

Emma's Mommy replied: "It's compared to Similac Sensitive but I don't think it's anything like Gentlease. It's lactose free and designed for babies with "fussiness and gas" like the Gentlease but in my opinion it's more comparable to the LactoFree Enfamil.

If she does better on the Gentlease just ask your doctor for a prescription for it and WIC will keep you with Gentlease."


mummiefroggie replied: "have you tried the enfimal a+ thickend, it works grate for spit up and fusseynes and gas. it also fills the baby better and i found my daughter slept through the night quicker too. it's about 20 to 24 $ for a larger can of powder"


♥ LovingMyLittle1 replied: "Similac Sensitive is kind of like Gentlease.. I'm surprised your WIC office gives Sensitive.. i know alot of babies who couldn't get the right formula through WIC..

What i do know, is that WIC will give you Enfamil Nutramigen, if your baby does better with Enfamil products than Similac ( i know mine did!!! ) It's a hypoallegenic formula, so instead of giving out Gentlease they skip a step and just give you Nutramigen.. no milk or soy protein, so no way your baby can be fussy..

So you could try that one for a few months, and switch to a milk-based such as regular similac.. ( Since they won't give regular Enfamil Lipil )

So try the Sensitive kind first from similac.. if your baby doesn't agree with it.. DEFENATELY ask for Nutramigen.."





what formula is better enfamil gentlease or enfamil lipil? when my baby was born i was giving him breast milk and enfamil lipil he was very constipated so i stopped breastfeeding and i changed to gentlease he is 4 months now going to 5 and he is ok now but he throws up the milk ALOT, just yesterday i gave him lipil and he doesnt throw it up and he seems to get more full with it. Im scared though what if he gets constipated again.
oh yeah and im feeding him gerbers and juices so i want to know if he will get constipated if i give him lipil again.


chrisa7584 replied: "you should have stuck with breastfeeding.

but since it's probably too late to pick that up again, what I suggest is consulting your doctor before changing your baby's formula again. I'd rather trust a trained medical professional that hearsay off Yahoo Answers.

It's good that you're concerned about the constipation because that can be a very serious thing for babies if left untreated. Talk with your baby's doctor and together you can make a decision that's right for you and your baby.

Good luck."


boysrustimes3 replied: "Definitely talk to your pediatrician. I tried four Enfamil formulas and had various problems with all of them from constipation to diarrhea. We ended up switching to Nestle Good Start and have never looked back. Every baby is different though."


morati m replied: "i am going through the same conflict with my self and i dont know what to do.

i guess we have to wait and take everything as it comes and take from there."


~Austins Mommy~ replied: "When my son was born i too had to stop breast feeding for certain reasons. I gave him Enfamil lipil and that made him very gassy and he was spitting up. I thought it was colic because he was so fussy, but i learned that he is actually Lactose and tolerent. He was put on Enfamil Lactofree and it worked wonders. He became less fussy and the gas went away after about a week."





Switching formulas--Enfamil Lipil to Enfamil Gentlease? Has anyone switched their baby's formula from Enfamil Lipil to Enfamil Gentlease? If so, what were the results?? Did baby poop more often since it's supposed to be easier to digest? Did the consistancy of the stools change? Did it really help with gas?? Also, the Enfamil website says that Gentlease has 1/5 the amount of dairy that Lipil does. Could this cause any issues in the present or the future? Like lactose-intolerance or anything like that? Thanks for your help!!

В»-(ВЇ`vВґВЇ)-В» РјaСЏРє's П‰ifee в™Ў replied: "I used Enfamil Gentle Ease for my son because the proteins are partially broken down for easier digestion; it's easier on the baby's tummy.

My son has NEVER had a problem with milk.

I breast fed him as well .. and now he's 14 months and on cow's milk.

He's never been constipated and he's never had any problems with Dairy."


poohbear replied: "sorry i breastfeed but if you need any enfamil lipil gentlease i have 2 8oz powder cans i can sell 2 you on ebay for 10 bucks plus 4 something for shipping. let me know!

here's my email i also have ready to use & single packets of enfamil lipil with iron"


Ethan's mom! replied: "Our son has had so many problems with his formulas and we are now on Gentlease and he's doing great! His poop was a little harder so the pediatrician recommended we put him on kayro syrup. Just a teaspoon twice a day did great! Also, if he still has gas we got gas drops. He's doing wonderful!! :) Congrats and good luck!"


AshShowLee replied: "my sonhad so much trouble on lipil....he screamed when he gased and when he tried to poop....we tried all the tricks...karo....etc.....switched to gentle ease....omg....now he poops with no discomfort.....most of the time hes smiling while doing so.....and he is now sleeping better through night."


tabbo17 replied: "I had to switch my baby from lipip to gentlease. It worked for her. I mean I could tell a big difference. She had a lot of gas because she would not burp. I started her on it when she was 3 months and keep her on it until she was a year and she was a happy baby after that. I my husbands cousin is the one who told me about it because had to put her son on it and it worked for them both. Just try it and see that is all you can do."





formula question about enfamil gentlease powder formula? I usually use the liquid concentrate formula of enfamil lipil. I recently switched to the powder enfamil gentlease. i made 24 ounce batch in a container when the container was empty i noticed little like black dots is that normal in a powder formula? The container was clean and i used within 24 hrs after making it.

jedh replied: "I use the gentlease and I make batches in a container...but have never noticed any black dots. Are you sure it isn't the foam after being mixed. I use a hand mixer. After I mix the formula, I put it straight in the bottles...have never kept it in the container. I use it only for mixing."

No comments:

Post a Comment