Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Enfamil Gentlease Lipil Ingredients




anyone use nestle good start supreme formula? My little one is 12 weeks old - gets breast milk but does get two formula bottles a day...we've been using enfamil lipil but it doesn't seem to agree very well (very gassy, lots of spit-up, etc). the enfamil gentlease shows the top ingredient as corn syrup so thought I'd try nestle good start? any thoughts on it and its "comfort proteins"?

Melyssa replied: "My son hated it. It made him really gassy and he would spit up a lot. I switched him to similac advance and he was fine. ( he was on similac before but I switched because others told me good start was better.. well, didnt work for him) and my third I started on similac right away and she never had any problems with it"


ChristyP replied: "I tried the nestle and it was fine. you may also want to try enfamil AR. You can read about it on their website. That is how I found it when my lil guy was having problems."


Baby Jace is here! Born Nov21st replied: "I agree with melyssa, my son takes simalac advance and is never gassy (knock wood) and takes the food down quite well. there is no corn syrup in it either"





What type of infant formula is easy on the belly but doesn't contain sugar? I am breast feeding my 3 month old, but in the last few weeks I started to supplement 1-2 bottles of formula per day since I am back to work. It became too much to pump, store, and breastfeed. So I have gone from Enfamil Lipil (too harsh on his belly, was fussy and gassy) to Enfamil Gentlease (still a bit fussy and he didnt like it much) to now Similac Sensitive. Well, the Similac Sensitive seems to be doing great on his stomach, and he absolutely loves it and takes the whole bottle. The problem is, I noticed since I started giving it to him he will no longer nap (which is unusual for him). So I checked and the top two ingredients are corn syrup and sugar! So, now I am back out there searching... any ideas? I will not give him soy. Too much sugar in that, and I have also researched soy and it is too risky, I dont like the idea.

Anonymous replied: "Try Nestle Good Start w/ Natural cultures. I just looked at the ingredients and I don't see sugar. Also, it has partially broken down proteins that make it easy for babies to digest. My daughter loves it but every baby is different."


♥Kaitlin♥Due Oct.5 With A Boy!! replied: "I was going to say Similac Sensitive. I think once the baby adjusts to this formula it will not keep him awake. I wouldn't change the formula if he's doing so well with it unless you really have to. Keep him on it for awhile longer and see if he starts to settle down for naps soon. I'm sure he will."


cheryl.french replied: "I'm not sure what negative research you've read on soy but I wouldn't believe it personally. I have four kids that had to be on soy because all the other formulas upset their stomach. My three week old granddaughter is currently on soy (isomil). It is somethinghat seems to run in both sides of our family. I was more concerned with the fact that my baby needed to be able to hold down their formula and be comfortable. Happy baby equals happy parents.
All of my kids now drink regular milk--when they have it on cereal every now and then. All four are healthy and have no weight problems.
I know it's easy to get caught up in all the negative research in the media and on the net about just about everything these days. Your baby is a individual. What may not work for someone else may work for you. Take all this research with a grain of salt. Talk with your pediatrician about it and maybe that can help you decide.
Congratulations on your new little one!"





Is partially hydrolyzed and hydrogenated the same thing in Enfamil Formula? My doctor switched my formula to Enfamil Gentlease. I have been breast feeding, but have to supplement and when I do with lipil, she spits up ALOT. The switch seems to be better, but when I went to buy it in the store I read all the ingredients and it mentions hydrolyzed. Is this the same has hydrogenated which is led to cancer? I try not to eat many processed foods b/c of the link to hydrogenated processes, why would the formula be the same, is this a health risk to my baby. I have discontinued that formula till I hear further. Any links to websites would be apreaciated!
*Update* i contacted Enfamil and with a quick response time, here is what I now know and want to pass on.

Partially hydrolyzed means the proteins have been broken down.



Both GentleaseTM and Enfamil LIPIL(R) powders use the same sources of protein, nonfat milk and whey protein concentrate. Both products have the same 60:40 whey:casein ratio. The only difference is that the Gentlease proteins are slightly hydrolyzed or broken down. The declared protein level for Gentlease of 2.3 g/100 Cal is 0.2 g per 100 Cal higher than Enfamil LIPIL. This is essentially the same level of partially hydrolyzed protein Mead Johnson has successfully provided to some infants in Europe since about 1992.



The proteins in GentleaseTM LIPIL(R) are partially broken down. The proteins in Enfamil LIPIL(R) are intact, or whole. Neither Gentlease nor Enfamil LIPIL is intended for babies with allergies to milk protein or other food proteins. In contrast, the casein protein in Nutramigen(R)


keevelish replied: "All formula is a health risk to your baby. Nothing compares to your milk.

Formula is a manufactured, overly-processed food that is based from the milk of another species. You can't expect it to be as healthy as what you produce."


tonnieRN replied: "not sure, go 2 their website and email them..

all forms are closely regulated by the govt

we use enfamil, and love it....check the stats against some others
gl"


Poppy's Mumma *♥* replied: "My Daughter is on a fully hydrolysed milk with no milk proteins and no, this isn't the same as hydrogenated fats that are artery cloggers. I'm in the UK though so ingredients might be different and my Daughters milk is prescribed, not something you can buy off the shelf. If you are unsure, you should speak to your Doctor and query it if you aren't happy."


hstris replied: "Extensively hydrolyzed formula: In these formulas, the protein is broken down into smaller parts that are easier for your baby to digest than larger protein molecules. Your baby may need a hydrolyzed formula if he has allergies or trouble absorbing nutrients. The doctor may also suggest trying a hydrolyzed formula if your baby has colic."


Valerie replied: "Not at all related. Hydrolysis is a method of breaking down the proteins in a food to make them easier to digest. Hydrogenization is a method of adding hydrogen to a fat to convert them from unsaturated to saturated."

No comments:

Post a Comment