Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Enfamil Gentlease Lipil in Questions




Has anyone used EnfamilВ® LactoFreeВ® LIPIL or EnfamilВ® GentleaseВ® LIPIL for gas and constipation? My son is 7 weeks and has painful gas and his constipated. My Doctor said I could try either Gentlease or LactoFree. I want to try to only make the change once. Has anyone had a good or bad experiences with either of these brands?

First Time Mommy replied: "I switched from Similac Advance to Similac Sensitive and had great success with my daughter. I'm pretty sure that they're equivalent to the Enfamil and Enfamil Gentlease. My doctor just recommended trying everything available before going to soy. I'm not sure if either of those formulas are the soy version of Enfamil but based on what my pediatrician said, I would recommend trying the gentler version of Enfamil before going to the soy version!"


rykell58 replied: "I personally used the Similac Sensitive for Fussiness & Gas this helped my son when he was constipated and had allot of gas. Your right when you say that you don't want to have to make the switch more than one time. You can also talk to your doctor about gas drops they make for baby's. I have never used them before but for some people they do work and then I have heard from others that they don't work at all, so I never tried them. It's worth a shot if your little one needs help. You could also ask your doctor about trying to offer your baby apple juice diluted of course to see if it will help him move things along, the only reason why I say ask is because he is so young. You could call the nurse online day or night to ask them questions. Good luck to you and your little love muffin."


Flymomma replied: "When my daughter was born I gave her breast milk for about three weeks, weened her due to no sleep and started her on Similac Advanced w/Iron. This formula made what a mess of her little tummy but I didn't have a clue that it was the formula, I thought she was just fussy. She then would cry as if though she were in excruciating pain, she would pass gas and it was all gone. It hurt me terribly to watch her go through this but I didn't have a clue what to do. I saw the Enfamil LactoFree and started her on that. It took about three days for all of her symptoms to subside. She was good to go after the formula change. She didn't have any incidents at all, almost no spitting up, no more acid reflux and no more gas pains. She would sleep through the night and was a "normal" for lack of a better word, baby again. I had to keep her on Soy for about 4 months after the Formula phase, then I started her on cows milk. Her tummy would get incredibly bloated with the Similac because of the Lactose, after I started her in the Enfamil it went down considerably. I noticed the same when I started her on cows milk hence the Soy milk for 4 months. She is fine now and can drink either. Hope that helps."


Josephina is a Mommy!!! replied: "My daughter is 7 weeks as well and has gas problems (not constipation though). We switched her from Enfamil Lipil to Enfamil gentlease Lipil for fussiness and gas. Her gas has improved, but still hasn't gone away. She's still pretty gassy... and thats with everything we have tried. The next move our doctor said it to try a soy based formula, so we may be switching again :( Every baby is different, it helped my daughter (alittle). You "may" have better results. Good Luck... I know how frustrating it can be to have a baby that is uncomfortable :("


Mama to a Lovie replied: "my daughter had painful gas and a hard belly all the time before we switched to Gentlease. it worked for us! only had to switch her once."





Can I switch from enfamil gentlease to enfamil lactofree lipil? shes currently on enfamil gentlease. my baby after every feeding she gets many many gasses and cries a lot. she burps many times too and i give her the Mylicon drops to help but its useless. can she be lactose intolerant. should i try enfamil lactofree lipil formula.

mushmarllows replied: "She may be allergic, lactose intolerance can cause gas. I would talk to your doctor about a switch and see which one he thinks is best!"





Am feeding Enfamil Gentlease Lipil formula and my baby's skin is way greasy? Does anyone else have this problem? She seems to have really oily skin especially at night. She was previously on Similac Advanced till my food subsidary program went with the Enfamil. She likes eating it but I have noticed a filmy residue on the bottle after she drinks. Its greasy and nasty and now her skin gets oily and shes gotten some blemishes on her nose. Is this from the formula or is it something else?
will of course talk to the Ped but just wanted to here some testimonials on this formula


Aja H replied: "That's a good question to ask the ped. If you see a film on the bottle, it's possible what you are seeing on baby is something from the formula. I've never heard of a greasy baby, but that doesn't sound good. About the blemishes, if it's baby acne, just leave it alone, it will go away on its own."


weezy07 replied: "I am not sure but I dont think it is from the formula because that is what my daughter is on and this is not happening to her and my friends kids also are on the gentlease and they are fine also. I would take her to the doctor and see what they say because it could be from something else"


ladybug replied: "Did you just recently make the switch? If so, I would think that her body is just adjusting to the new formula.
We started our daughter on the Enfamil and it just seemed to upset her tummy... we have since been using the Similac and she is doing great. I would think its just from making the switch and her little body just needs time to adjust.

Good luck."


Shaynell R replied: "I'm using the sasme formula and haven't noticed any such thing. My baby seems to enjoy the formula just fine and I haven't had any problems with it at all. However, when it waas offered to me, I was told that it's not right for all baby's. I would definately speak with your pediatrician and Enfamil does offer other types of formula, consider switching to one of those."





has anyone used enfamil Gentlease lipil?? how was it for your baby? whats the difference between the two besides no prebiotics, and also why does the gentlease have corn syrup in it and the other doesnt?
i have to switch to this because my baby is on enfamil premium, and wic doesnt cover it, and this one will be better on her stomach since the regular enfamil lipil doesnt have probiotics in it. the dr. said he recommends that kind for my baby?
how did it go when you used it?
will they gain weight the same and everything?


♥Mommy to 9 month old Alex♥ replied: "It worked great for my son. My son had very bad constipation problems. Our doctor told us to switch him to it. He was around 2 months when we did this. He is 9 months old and is till using it.It has helped so much with the constipation. Yeap my son has been gaining around the amount that he should."


brooke and brendan's mommy replied: "This is the only formula that my son didn't throw up. As for weight, he is 3.5 months 20 lbs and 28.5 inches. Both my babies have been huge, so I can't really judge how yours will gain weight on it. BUT it does seem to be gentle on his tummy! Good luck."


Adam's Mommy replied: "my son was on the enfamil premium 2 at first but he was getting bad gas with it so i switched to the gentlease and it worked great.. the difference is that its not as hard on the stomach. its easier to digest.. yes they gain weight just fine"


shannon replied: "My daughter was on Enfamil with LIPIL when she was first born , but she had to be taken off from that and put on gentlease because the regular formula was causing her too much gas and stomach problems. The doctor thought it was best to change her , also with her using Mylicon gas drop at each feeding to help reduce the risk of those little tummy aches. Yes weight gain will be the same, its just as every bit good for a baby, she/he will get all the proper nutrients needed to help baby grow. I think that it worked well for my daughter, but then again each and every baby is different and unique."


LeighAnn replied: "Enfamil Gentlease is the only formula that my baby could tolerate. We tried Earth's Best milk-based, Similac Sensitive, Isomil, Alimentum and Nutramigen. Gentlease put a little bit of sanity back into my house :)"





cheaper option Enfamil Gentlease Lipil for babies with fussiness or Gas. Milk Based Powder.? What would be a cheaper version of Enfamil Gentlease Lipil for babies with fussiness or Gas? Milk Based Powder. My son is using Enfamil Gentlease Lipil for babies with fussiness or Gas. Milk Based Powder right now but is expensive. What would you say is the same thing but cheaper?? I asked his doctor and she is just promoting the same one with no alternative. Please help!!

SeAtTleZmOstWaNTed replied: "Walgreens has its own brand and it smell and taste the same as Enfamil Gentlease plus on the jar is says Compare to Enfamil Gentlease and it costs only $13 for a 24oz jar and sometimes they even put them onsale for $4 a can."


bigsisteramber1 replied: "go to walmart.. they make parents choice! it is the exact thing but much cheaper"


lisa_in_louisiana replied: "Walmart has their own brand of formula as well. My Peditrician said they are all the same. I used the lactose free version for my son!"


abear1983 replied: "my son is on the same one. we tried the cheaper ones w/ no luck. he wouldnt drink it.

everytime you go to the dr, get samples of it! 3 of the small sampl cans = 1 large can.

also, if you want to email your addie, i can mail you a couple coupon checks as we are going to start switching him over to milk soon


ETA: be careful on ebay! i got gentlease checks from someone on there and they were fake. also it doesnt always work out cheaper w/ formula b/c of shipping so just remember that."


mommy of boy and girl replied: "Wal-mart has one and it's called Parent's Choice Gentle formula. It has the same ingredients. The only difference is the consistency and color of the formula and of course, the price. I think Parent's Choice brand is about $12-13 give or take a few dollars. But hey, you save money in the long run. Rather than paying for 4 cans of Enfamil of about $25 a can which equals $100. You will pay $12 a can of parent's choice for 4 cans and only pay $48."


faithful wife replied: "ask your Dr for samples or email Enfamil for some. My son is on Nutramagin by Enfamil and they only do samples of that through Dr.'s offices. Enfamil told me to get samples from my Dr. And since not too many babies are on Nutramigen, my nurse was more than happy to give me samples whenever I requested them.

Doesn't really answer your question I guess, but maybe it will help anyhow! =)"


Renee replied: "Target Gentle. It is about 15$ for a 26 ounce can."


NEWMOM08 replied: "If your looking for cheaper formula and if you can't find a generic brand try look on ebay there is tons that people sell formula that is brand new and you can always get for at least half of the grocery store price."


shawns<3mommy replied: "walmart and target have some that is the same...

my son uses the same formula..."





Is Enfamil Gentlease Lipil formula available in Australia? I am about to head out there for 2 weeks and I was wondering if I should pack it or if I can buy it.

proud mamma replied: "I'd pack it. Even if it is available, there nutrition standards may not be the same as the US. So it may not be packaged the same."


newmommyy322 replied: "probably, but if not, it's okay to switch formulas.. they all basically have the same stuff, they have to be approved by the FDA.. some just have tweaks to them. But i use it also, and im pissed they don't have it in ready to feed!!! But i would pack in just in case, i'm not sure how much of it you can pack tho, the airline people are so anal about what you bring on the plane... but good luck"


Patty R replied: "I use this formula to. You can always call that number on the back of the can and ask them. They are exetremely helpful. I think packing a few cans would be wise though."





i just changed my babies formula from enfamil lipil to enfamil gentlease? and before his poop was yellow and now with the new formula its green is this normal?

Mom of Ethan and Sophie replied: "Anytime you change something in baby's diet, expect the poop to change as well. Good luck!"


Landon's Mommy<3 replied: "yes thats totally normal.
i had landon on prosobee and then switched to gentle ease. his poop was green for maybe 2 weeks. and then was back to normal"





Enfamil Gentlease Lipil or Goodstart? Something else I should try? My son is having horrible gas with Goodstart since starting him on it about a week ago. He also has Reflux and is on Prilosec. Should I try Gentlease? Are these two similar? Anyone have similar results with Goodstart?

I am mostly Breastfeeding. Supplementing with formula as needed. He is 2.5 months old and I am returning to work in a week. He normally has 1-2 bottles a day of formula.

Any info is helpful! Thanks!


summer h replied: "Since you are mostly breast feeding maybe its in your milk (what you are eating). I gave my son gentlease and he would spit it up a lot. He loved lipl with iron, and it sat good with him. Goodluck."


Lisa replied: "My pedi recommended Enfamil Thickened to help with our son with reflux (he's on Zantac). The consistency is the same as others until is mixed with the acids in the stomach, where it gets thicker. The less sloshing around in the stomach, the less spit up and gas. I would call your doc or pharmasist to be sure it's ok to change though."


Eve replied: "How is your diet? Did you eliminate anything? While reflux usually isn't caused by moms diet, sometimes dairy can cause that reaction. Try eliminating dairy from your diet and switching to a hypoallergenic formula."


mamaposs replied: "If you suddenly gave him a bottle of formula when he has only been having breastmilk, it could upset his tummy. A baby's digestive system is immature and needs time to get used to a new 'food'. If you absolutely HAVE TO change brands of formula, it should be done gradually over at least a week. However, I would give your son at least another week for his body to get used to the formula before deciding that he needs to change. Good luck!"


*~Cam's Mommy ~* replied: "When I stopped breastfeeding my son, I used Enfamil Lipil w/ Iron. It upset his stomach so I tried Gentlease. I gave it a week and it's been a miracle for us!!! I can't compare it to goodstart but I'll say w/ Gentlease he hasn't really spit up as much and his gas is almost gone. Every baby is different though. Dr. Brown's bottles have helped a ton too!"


Sally replied: "I use enfamil AR for my daughters reflux so far it has been a dream. I was using regular enfamil and she was sleeping bad and spitting up a lot and otherwise miserable. The AR is thickened with rice starch and it thickens when it hits the stomach so its still easy to drink for her. Much better than adding cereal to formula. same price as enfamil lipil so its worth a try otherwise similac has a more expensive gentle formula with rice starch so its both gentle and thickened for reflux"


Serena replied: "My baby was a reflux baby but I also supplemented with formula because she would throw all the milk up and want more to drink (and I had nothing left to give her.)

Gentlease was what worked best for her, she wasn't as constipated or gassy with it (where the other formula made her is so much pain even the soy.)"





Change from similac advance to enfamil gentlease lipil? Change from similac advance to enfamil gentlease lipil?
my baby is now a month old and she is very fussy while i am bottle feeding her. at 2 weeks old the doctor said that her stomach sounds very gassy. i started giving her gripe water and i calmed it a little, but she still had some gas. then i changed her bottles, but still very fussy at some feedings. i believe its the milk. so i called her doc today and he said i can change it to alimentum.. i never heard of it... have you? i have enfamil that was given to me so i started her now on the gentlease w/ lipil. has any one had the same switch?


sweetunderscore replied: "My baby was on Similac Advance and I think it was way to hard on her tummy, she was spitting up more then she was keeping down. I spoke to my Dr. and he reccomended Enfamil Gentlease. She still spit's up a little but not nearly as bad as she used to. .
I did notice it was harder to get a burp out of her on the gentlease.. then they pointed out it was because she didnt have as much gas! It was a good switch for my baby
Ive never heard of the alimentum.."


Jen replied: "I had the same problem with both. My daughter HATED the alimentum, I wouldn't recommend it. I finally got gas drops to add to her formula and it worked fine. But with my son, he is on Similac Sensitive, which is great. It seems to help the gassiness and fussiness, without the terrible face and screaming because they are hungry but don't want the terrible tasting alimentum. Ask the doctor if that would be okay to try. Also, if you aren't on WIC, it is waaaay cheaper than alimentum......and the only difference with the Similac sensitive is it is lactose free....not soy, just lactose free....give it a try if you want, and good luck!"


lmc replied: "My baby was in Similiac advance and I too switched to Enfamil LIpil and then to Enfamil Gentlease. She seems to take to the gentlease very well. I also use the PLaytex drop-in's and they help with eliminating gas using a bottle. Good luck!"




No comments:

Post a Comment